- Adult teams may consist of a max. of 6, but minimum of 2 adults.
- Corporate teams may have a max. of 6 team members.
- Family teams may consist of no more than 2 adults and 4 children.
- Children's teams age 6 – 10 or age 11 to 18 must build without the assistance of adults. Max 6 per team.
- Small children 0 - 5 years must join a family team
- Inter-School teams may only have max 8 children per team
- Professionals max 6 per team.
- Teams will register and be given a numbered, colour coded flag and wristband.
- Teams may start building at 9h30 and must finish by 11h30.
- Only items found in nature (on the beach) may be used as part of the materials and décor of the sandcastle
- Builders may bring buckets, spades, water sprays to assist with building
- Upon completion, each team must plant their flag on top of their castle and stay with the castle until it has been judged.
- Judging of completed castles from 11h30.
- Judging must be completed by 12h30.
- Prize giving will take place approx 12h30.
- Judges will affix a sticker to the flag of each castle once it has been judged.
For further information about registration contact Valley Pre-primary School on 021 790 1540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org