- Adult teams may consist of a max. of 6, minimum of 2, adults.
- Corporate teams may have a max. of 6 team members.
- Family teams may consist of up to, but no more than, 4 adults and 4 children.
- Children's teams age 6 – 10 or age 11 to 18 must build without the assistance of adults
- Small children 0 - 5 years must join a family team
- Teams will register and be given a numbered, colour coded flag.
- Teams may start building at 10h00 and must finish by 12h00.
- Only items found in nature (on the beach) may be used as part of the materials and décor of the sandcastle
- Builders may bring buckets, spades, water sprays to assist with building
- Upon completion, each team must plant their flag on top of their castle and stay with the castle until it has been judged.
- Judging of completed castles from 12h00.
- Judging must be completed by 13h15.
- Prize giving will take place approx 13h30.
- Judges will affix a sticker to the flag of each castle once it has been judged.
For further information about registration contact Valley Pre-primary School on 021 790 1540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org